You might remember how I raved about Volt- a restaurant in Frederick owned by Bryan Voltaggio. Well that isn’t the only hidden gem in Frederick. Frederick is actually an amazing city for food. The city strives to develop and support small business by keeping chains out of downtown.
My sister and I bought a Groupon for a Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour through Taste of Frederick Food Tours in order to experience Frederick in its fullest! We had a great time learning about the city and also experiencing six different food venues. I highly recommend everyone go out there and do this tour! The gal knew her stuff!
1. Brewer’s Alley– 1634 ale (signature brew) and margherita pizza
2. Firestone’s Market on Market– pastrami sandwich (this pastrami is to die for), we also went back and picked up so groceries- I got a pimento cheese spread and a dressing, both of which are delicious
3. Tiki Room at Griff’s Landing– crab mac-n-cheese pop, scallop wrapped with bacon and hush puppies; they also have two signature drinks….one which comes in a fish bowl, is blue and has swedish fish in it!
4. The Wine Kitchen– grilled asparagus salad and fried green tomatoes; they have some great happy hour specials, good deals on bottled wines and a tasty brunch menu (3 items for $25)
5. North Market Pop Shop– several different old school sodas aka pop; you can mix any soda with any ice cream to make yourself a float!
6. Zoe’s Chocolate– baklava chocolate and carmel chocolate; now I don’t like chocolate…but these were amazing!
So go! The tour takes 3 hours and is definitely worth it!