The Penguin and I had several weddings to attend this year. It helps going to weddings to see what we do and don’t like. Granted, we both have a fairly clear idea for our wedding plan, but it just solidifies what we want!
1. Hang out with your friends and family! I want to spend as much time with everyone as possible. We are planning to involve everyone in our Friday night activity (no sit down rehearsal dinner).
2. Prepare our guests as much as possible. Inform them we will be providing a shuttle and of all the pre/post wedding activities.
3. Open bar for the duration of the wedding…no stopping during dinner service!
1. First dances. I find them awkward and uncomfortable.
2. Cake! Neither of us love cake, so why bother.
3. Flowers won’t have a focal point at our wedding. They die and I prefer to use things at the wedding that I can keep for the future.
Looking forward to the 2015 wedding season. We have a Boston wedding, Turks and Caicos wedding and a Pittsburgh wedding (just to name a few). Here are a few shots from three of the weddings we went to in 2014. Love all the special touches each couple incorporated!